Monday 16 July 2007

The finale!

Those we thought would emerge victorious might not be so lucky. Who should win Big Brother 7?!

Alas, the day has come! From Horse-face Grace dumping water on Susie to Nikki’s never-ending fits to Richard and Michael’s bitch war – this summers BB has failed to disappoint. And especially in the final week, those we thought would emerge victorious might not be so lucky.

As Big Brother 7 rapidly approaches the end, I decided to let everyone in on who I think should win – and it what order.

Jennie

I don’t really have anything against Jennie per se, and even though I think I’d personally get along with her—Big Brother hasn’t portrayed the youngin’ in a particularly interesting light. Real, yet whiny, Jennie is lucky to be in the last five. She’ll be first out.

Nikki

Nikki’s original eviction was pretty close to perfect. She didn’t know what to expect, she didn’t know that the public found her tantrums so incredibly entertaining… she just didn’t know anything - that’s why we loved her. The eviction enhanced my appreciation for her – so drama! However..and that’s a BIG however, for any other reason but to confess her love for Pete – she doesn’t serve a purpose anymore. She now knows how utterly famous she is, how she can get away with being a child, she knows Pete will believe everything she says. Those tantrums that would make me scream will laughter, I now find irritating. It’s like Nikki has channelled the spirit of Grace (is that what fame does?) and is turning into her own version of Lady Macbeth, dragging Pete out of the Most Likely to Win spot. Fifth place.

Richard

Girlfriend’s come a long way. I originally said Richard was “devoid of charm or intelligence, brimming with vanity. And seems to attract attention by perpetuating gay stereotypes.” I know some people still feel this way, but I have to respect Richard for staying as level headed as he did – I certainly would have lost it. Managing to be a somewhat paternal and diplomat figure in the house, Richard also had his moments of vulnerability—like when he got teary listening to the letter of his cancer-stricken mother. I did appreciate that. I hope Richard does well, but not that well. Something tells me he’ll lose all charm when the fame hits him. Fourth place.

Glyn

Sweet simple Welsh Glyn has done his momma proud. I get happy when he speaks Welsh and when he does that goofy laugh. Is that unreasonable? There doesn’t seem to be a mean bone in his body – although it was upsetting that he was so defensive of horse –face Grace. And although he probably often fantasised about Aisleyne sitting on his face, he always treated her like a lady. Nice lad. Third place.

Pete

I don’t know many people who didn’t fall for Pete at some point or another. I never was that convinced. Is it wrong to say I think Pete was boring? It was vaguely entertaining watching all the ladies fight over him. I was amused by palpable discomfort when Leah confessed her love. And then came his anti-climatic reunion with Nikki..i did care, but when after they kissed, I was over it. And just this week, Mr least-likely-to-have-an-ego – actually has one! He lost my vote when he told Richard about that ridiculous dream where his friend told him he was going to win. Is he suddenly Jesus?? No, he’s not. I’m not happy about it, but he should come second.

And the winner is…(I hope)…

Aisleyne

What is there really to like about Aisleyne? Was it her moping, her paranoia, her appreciation for warm milk? She had the biggest character arch; she emerged from that box- a sassy, hard-talking, antithesis to Grace. Since then she’s befriended her enemies (including Imogen who admitted she’d be friends with Aisleyne over Grace) and she’s just been …real, innit? I can identify with her. She seems to understand her own complexities, and she’s self evaluating and somewhat vulnerable. At the same time, Aisleyne is one of the stronger characters and will speak up about bullshit. She gets my vote for the win.

Happy viewing!

No comments: